Sunday, March 28, 2010

I'm likin' this American Girl


So the grand opening of American Girl has finally come! People came from far and wide to mark the momentous occasion. It was really fun, but I would have been disappointed had I made any grand effort to go. We found out that they really opened two days early so luckily we went on Friday instead of Saturday. On Saturday there was a five hour wait in the snow just to get in to the store. My friend Stephanie has two adorable girls that adore American Girl as much, if not more than Grace. So it was so fun to pick them up from school and surprise them with a trip to the store. It really was a little magical to see all the little girls walking around the store hugging their dolls with big smiles on their faces. Not quite as magical for the parents who were footing the bill. One lady next to my friend dropped $1100. Seriously? By the way, Grace had pajama day at school hence her spectacular outfit. A huge thank you to my dear friend Julie for watching the boys. It was so much fun to focus all of our attention on the cute girls! Look at this grandpa. Seriously, what a trooper!




No comments:

Post a Comment